Hello bloggers and visitors,
On this topic I would like to talk about a sensitive subject for all women that struggle with Cellulite.
First of all I would like you to know what Cellulite is, so I went to Wikipedia and got a definition for you.
“Cellulite is a topographic skin change that is claimed to occur in most postpubertal females. It presents as a modification of skin topography evident by skin dimpling and nodularity that occurs mainly in womenon the pelvic region, lower limbs and abdomen and is caused by the herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue, leading to a padded or orange peel–like appearance. Cellulite is a description rather than a physical object.”
There are many factors that can cause Cellulite, such as genetics, hormonal, poor diet and etc. The reality is that doctors still have a poor understanding on what causes cellulite. Exercise can help prevent Cellulite and help to get rid of it so I would like to give you some tips for some lower body exercise that combined with good nutrition and the help of some cosmetics could help you with this issue.
Here is a sequence that is great for Gluteus and will help you to enhance your metabolism, burn fat and look great:
Butt Lift (Bridge)
1. Lie flat on the floor on your back with the hands by your side and your knees bent. Your feet should be placed around shoulder width. This will be your starting position.
2. Pushing mainly with your heels, lift your hips off the floor while keeping your back straight. Breathe out as you perform this part of the motion and hold at the top for a second.
3. Slowly go back to the starting position as you breathe in.
Variations: You can perform this exercise one leg at a time.
1. Kneel on the floor or an exercise mat and bend at the waist with your arms extended in front of you (perpendicular to the torso) in order to get into a kneeling push-up position but with the arms spaced at shoulder width. Your head should be looking forward and the bend of the knees should create a 90-degree angle between the hamstrings and the calves. This will be your starting position.
2. As you exhale, lift up your right leg until the hamstrings are in line with the back while maintaining the 90-degree angle bend. Contract the glutes throughout this movement and hold the contraction at the top for a second.
Tip: At the end of the movement the upper leg should be parallel to the floor while the calf should be perpendicular to it.
3. Go back to the initial position as you inhale and now repeat with the left leg.
4. Continue to alternate legs until all of the recommended repetitions have been performed.
For this exercise you can also perform all of the repetitions with one leg first and then the other one. Additionally, you can also add ankle weights.
1. While standing up straight with both feet next to each other at around shoulder width, grab a sturdy surface such as the sides of a squat rack or the top of a chair to brace yourself and keep balance.
2. With or without an ankle weight, lift one leg behind you as if performing a leg curl but standing up while keeping the other leg straight. Breathe out as you perform this movement.
3. Slowly bring the raised leg back to the floor as you breathe in.
4. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
5. Repeat the movement with the opposite leg.
Variations: You can perform the same movement with a low pulley attached to your ankle using an ankle attachment. Optionally, you can use exercise cables as well.
Abductor Lift with Foot Rotated
Start by lying on one side with lower leg stretched straight out and upper leg raised to about a 90-degree angle. Rotate upper leg slightly so knee and elbow are slightly toward your backside. Lower your upper leg down to meet your lower, stretched out leg. Try to bring your upper leg’s heal to your lower leg’s ankle. Return to starting position. Tip: Visualize pulling your leg down through mud to increase the resistance.
Combine this sequence with Squats, Lunges, Dead lifts and Crunches and you will have great results on those areas that Cellulite tends to appear. Don’t forget to follow a good diet with lots of hydration – they will certainly help you.
Thank you very much and see you next time
Marcos De Marco